This is my first post on Planet KDE - so I'll start with a brief introduction of myself:
I'm Miquel Sabaté Solà (mssola on IRC) and I'm a 22-year old, computer science student at the Barcelona School of Informatics, Spain. Since a year or so, I've been working on the Ruby language support for KDevelop and this summer I've been selected in GSoC 2012 to improve this same language support. The goals of this GSoC are:
- Make the Ruby plugin as stable as possible.
- Uses of variables, module mixins, etc. are reported.
- Offer some basic code completion.
- Navigation using the context browser tools work.
- The QuickOpen interface shows some Ruby features such as telling the user where a specific class has been re-opened, etc.
In the following days I'll write a serie of blog posts getting into the details of the work I've done in this GSoC, and showing some fancy snapshots ;)
So... stay tuned !